If you already know you want to support Chris Guillebeau’s new book, and get access to the best deal you’ll see all year, then click here to check out this year’s Only 72 sale.
For those of you who have been around for awhile, you know that I don’t do very many big promotions on the site. My goal is to provide the best free content out there for starting a new business, and for 98% of you, that’s all you want or need – and that’s great.
That being said, twice each year my good friends Adam Baker and Karol Gajda put on a sale so incredible, that it’s hard for me not to promote it. So I do.
This Only 72 sale is a little bit more special however, because it directly benefits someone who has had a very significant impact on my life.
I’d even go as far to say as this guy saved me from a very mundane life. His name is Chris Guillebeau.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last few years, you know about Chris’ first book The Art of Non Conformity. You probably know that he has a goal to travel to every country in the world, by the time he is 35 (he’s got 8 left).
However, what you may not know (especially if you’re new here) is that Chris is the reason that this blog exists today. He’s the reason I’m currently sitting in Guangzhou, China. He’s the reason that I’m able to do the things I love each and every day.
He’d kill me if he knew I was saying this many nice things about him…
In 2009 I was working as an investment analyst, and wasn’t real stoked on life. I wasn’t happy with what I was doing, and I had a serious desire to run a business and see the world.
About two weeks after getting back from a trip to Brazil (and getting a 20% pay cut), I stumbled upon Chris’ blog. I read every single post in a single sitting, and was opened up to a new reality. The idea that I could make a living doing something other than sitting at a desk 5 days a week was a totally foreign concept to me.
After reading every post I was pretty shocked to see this guy had just moved to Portland of all places. Without expecting much in return I sent Chris an email and invited him out to a cup of coffee.
Surprisingly he obliged, and within 45 minutes of sitting down with him I had a new goal: start a blog and quit my job.
Chris and I met every month or so for the next year. In August as I was leaving a meet up he held in Portland, he shouted to me:
“Hey Sean, you better follow through with everything you said you were going to do – I don’t want to have to rewrite that chapter in the book.”
Being featured in his first book was a huge honor, and not something I took lightly. In the next 5 months I sold my car, quit my job, started a business and moved to Thailand.
The culmination of all of this was getting to meet Chris for coffee at a Starbucks in Bangkok 11 months after our initial meeting.
Yeah, it’s safe to say that I owe Chris a lot.
So why would I tell you all of this now?
Because it’s time for me to return the favor to Chris, and do everything I can to help him promote his book.
First up, for those of you who don’t know here’s the deal for the Only 72 sales:
$1,000 worth of products for $100 for 72 hours only. These aren’t crap products either. These are legit, best of the best, info products that sell everyday for the retail values you’ll see below.
In the past I’ve also included some of my products in the sales – I believe in it that much.
Well the whole goal for this iteration of Only 72 is to help promote Chris’ new book. The goal is for it to become a New York Times Bestseller, and in order to do that, well, you need to sell a lot of books.
Included with every single Only 72 package, Karol and Adam will also be shipping a copy of the $100 Startup.
Having received my advance copy a couple weeks ago, I can tell you, it’s lived up to and exceeded all expectations. I’ll do a whole post on the book on it’s release day, but for now I’ll simply say it’s the most practical how to guide for getting a micro-business off the ground.
Because of this, I want to see as many copies of the Only 72 package sold as possible.
I was especially excited when Baker emailed me the list of what was going to be in this year’s sale, as many of the contributors are good friends of mine, and really freaking smart people.
So along with your copy of The $100 Startup, here’s the detailed breakdown of everything else you’ll get:
Better Blogging ($137 in value)
- Corbett Barr – Creating, Marketing, and Designing A Blog That Matters: When it comes to learning how to build a meaningful blog, there’s few people out there who teach it better than Corbett. I believe this is the most valuable asset you can have online these days, and with this course, there’s no excuse for not being able to create a killer blog and begin making a name for yourself.
- Susannah Conway – Blogging From The Heart (eBook version): When you start to blog, it can be difficult to find your voice. You can start trying to be someone you’re not, and as someone who has been doing this for a long time I’ve learned how important it is to be yourself and share not only the good, but the bad as well. Susannah’s book gives you strategies for making sure you remain your unique self as you build your new blog empire.
Passion-based Business ($137)
- Jonathan Mead — Identifying Your Passion Module + Workbook: Jonathan and I hang out every month or two in Portland, and every time I kick it with him, I always learn something extremely valuable. He’s been killing it with his Trailblazer course, and if you’re trying to figure out exactly how to start a passion based business, and develop your niche, look no further than this.
- Scott Dinsmore — Live Off Your Passion (eBook version): I first met Scott at the World Domination Summit last year, and he’s continually impressing me with the quality of content he’s putting out. Obviously I’m a pretty big proponent of the whole live of your passion thing – as I write about very similar topics. Scott is living proof it’s possible, and I can guarantee you this monster ebook is going to get you closer to your goals.
- Ashley Ambirge — You Don’t Need A Job, You Need Guts: Ashley is one of the original experts I brought on to teach inside Location Rebel. This should be enough to show you how highly I think of her, but if not, then let’s look at the facts and how she can teach you to build a successful freelance business. With her copywriting she’s had multiple 5 figure months. She’s jetset, popping back and forth from Spain, to Chile, to the US whenever she pleases. She’s built all of this in just two short years. Pay attention.
- Men With Pens — Freelancer Package: Write for Web, Guest Posting Guide, Beyond Brick & Mortar: Of all the people I met at SXSW this year James Chartrand of Men with Pens was easily one of the coolest. When it comes to copywriting, James is a genius. I’ll actually be doing an interview and possibly webinar with her in just a couple weeks, so just trust me when I say, if you’re looking for a copywriter to learn from, look no further.
- Johnny B. Truant — Tao of Awesome: I love anything that Johnny writes. Why? Because he’s confident, entertaining, and tells it like it is. If you’re going to start (and be successful) with a new business you’re going to need to have a certain level of confidence and discipline. If you’re struggling in this area, this is the guide that’s going to get you there.
- Marianne Elliot — 30 Days of Courage (w/ Yoga Module): To be honest, I’m not real familiar with Marianne, but after going through her site I’m actually pretty excited to check this course out. Again, confidence and a willingness to take a chance is so important in life and business. So don’t discount the importance of a course like this amidst all of the more business oriented products included here.
- Pam Slim — Ethical Selling That Works: I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Pam a few different times over the last couple years. Not only is she one of the nicest people on the planet, she knows her stuff. Her book Escape from Cubicle Nation had a serious impact on me, and there’s few things more important than being able to sell and persuade. Do this in an ethical way that doesn’t seem like you’re actually selling and you’ll be amazed at what becomes possible.
- David Risley — Double Your Ad Income: Even if you won’t be thinking about advertising on your site right away, this book will allow you to start thinking about your future monetization plans, and will be there waiting for when you you’re ready to start putting up some ads.
- Joshua Kaufman — The Personal MBA Guide to Small Business Infrastructure: One of the topics that comes up most often in emails I receive has to do with how to setup your small business. Whether it’s corporate structure, taxes, bookkeeping etc. it’s a hot topic these days. Joshua killed it with his book The Personal MBA, so to go more in depth on some of the particulars of small business structure is incredibly valuable.
- Free The Apps — How to Make iPhone Apps: There’s arguably no hotter market right now than iPhone apps. Everyone wants one. Something that I’ve found interesting is the fact that everyone I know who creates them seems to say the same thing “It’s not as hard as you think.” Once you have a roadmap for how to do it, it’s totally achievable to create a simple app. Thinking about getting started? Now you can.
- Brett Kelly — Evernote Essentials: For a really long time I wanted to like and use Evernote, but just couldn’t get into it. Then I talked to Brett and got this book. Within 10 pages I was hooked. I was learning the correct way to use the program, and finding ways to implement it in my workflow. Now? I use it every single day. If you’ve been thinking of starting to use Evernote or if you already do and want all the secrets, this book is a must-have.
Artists & Writes ($130)
- Alyson Stanfield — Turning Your Hobby into a Career (download & audio program): While it’s certainly a lot of work, it’s possible to turn just about any hobby into a thriving business. That’s what I’ve done with HDR Software, and a few other sites. If this is the route you want to take your business, Alyson is a fantastic person to learn from.
- Chris Guillebeau — Unconventional Guide to Publishing: Chris’ latest Unconventional Guide is also one of his biggest. I did a full review of this a few months back, and this is the definitive resource out there for those who are looking to publish a book, either on their own or by going the more traditional route. This is alone is worth the cost of admission.
What I love about this particular package is that all of these books work together in a very coherent manner – much more so than some of the past Only 72 sales. I’d sit down and read The $100 Startup first to get inspiration and see how others are doing it, and then dig into each product as it becomes relevant to what you’re doing.
I’m continually amazed by how Adam and Baker continue to evolve this sale and make it better and better with each go around – and the fact that they are doing so much for Chris in this iteration is awesome.
Personally, I love win/win situations. I don’t think we see enough of them these days – there’s always someone out trying to take advantage. What’s cool about this is it’s truly win/win/win/win/win:
Chris sells a ton of books and get’s exposure for the launch, the authors get their names out there, I win because I’ll get a small commission off every sale, Adam and Baker win because they obviously will make money here, but absolutely most importantly you’ll win. If you’re ready to make some changes in your life, this is the one of the best ways I know of to do it. You’ll have every tool you’ll need for not only starting the business, but growing it.
You will not read all of these in the first month, week or even year. It’s giving you a library that you’ll be able to refer to as you continue to grow.
One Last Incentive
In last year’s Only 72 sale, I featured the Location Rebel Guide to SEO. I haven’t sold that on it’s own anywhere else, and the feedback I’ve received from those that picked it up has been really positive.
If you purchase through the link below, shoot me an email and I’ll give you free access to the SEO guide. It includes 2 of the 12 blueprints inside the full Location Rebel program (plus some other bonuses), and if you want to get started with the basics of SEO, this is the guide to do it.
If you’re ready to commit to making a lifestyle change, and build something that will allow you to start checking off all the boxes you’ve created for yourself, then invest in these guides.
Believe me, $100 is a small price to pay for the freedom and happiness you stand to gain.